I know it’s January 4th. I’m finally sharing my resolutions for the new year. I’m late as usual. If you’re wondering, working on my tardiness is not one of my New Year’s resolutions. I find it to be one of my endearing qualities.
I always think of a new year as a new opportunity. A chance to start fresh. A time to look within and make improvements. Right the wrongs. Change for the better.
Preparing resolutions can be tough. It forces you to focus on all the negative things about yourself. If you aren’t careful you can get yourself awful depressed.
This year I didn’t want to focus on my negative qualities. I’ve done that for way to many years. I wanted to focus on improving my quality of life. How to have more quality time with my family and friends. How to be healthier. How to be a better giver. A better human.
2013 goals for the new year. Some general, some specific.
1. Organize. Without mastering this, I cannot accomplish any other goals on this list
2. Clean out the clutter at home and at work
3. Eat healthier
4. Write more
5. Worry less
6. Try yoga
7. Mail cookies to a soldier
8. Accept a compliment
9. Stop being so hard on myself
10. Actually make some of the thinks I “Pin”
11. Start Christmas in July
12. Kayak foliage tour on the river
13. Create character in our home
Each of these will have a plan. A road map to success, if you will.
I’m glad you are along for the ride. Journeys are no fun alone.
Happy New Year!