Last week I volunteered to bake something for my son’s first school dance. I can’t believe my baby is old enough to go to a dance. Waaaaaaa!
So as Friday came around, my son had hockey practice and couldn’t go to the dance, so needless to say I completely forgot about the bake sale. But, I did make a promise so, off I went rummaging through the pantry to see what I could whip together on short notice. Fortunately I had the makings for these little babies. As a matter of fact, you all probably have the ingredients in your kitchen. These take about 15-20 minutes and the kids love them.
If you ever get into a jam, these are your answer. They’re cute, yummy, quick and individually wrapped, so they are perfect for a bake sale or a party.
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbls crisco
1 bag large marshmallows
1 sleeve graham crackers, crushed
cello pop bags
1. Melt chips in a double boiler or in microwave, if preferred. In microwave, heat on high 1 minute then stir and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Add crisco and stir in.
2. Place graham cracker crumbs in a bowl.
3. Prepare a large cookie sheet with waxed paper or silpat
4. Place a stick in each marshmallow, swirl into chocolate and using a spoon, coat the top of marshmallow (around the stick) so it adheres. You don’t want the chocolate too thick, so wipe some of the chocolate off with your spoon before dipping in the graham crackers, or you’ll have choclate drippings in your graham cracker bowl and it will get clumpy. I hold the dipped marshmallow over the cracker bowl and sprinkle with my fingers. It helps with the clumpiness.
5. Place on a baking sheet and pop them in the fridge for 20 minutes or so to set. Then place each in a bag and tie with curling ribbon.
Voila! Easy peasy and you look like a rock star.